ambr® 250 modular
Mini bioreactor, 100-250 mLl
ambr® 250 modular is an innovative high performance benchtop bioreactor system for parallel fermentation or cell culture. Central to the system is a new 100-250 mL single-use vessel design, fully integrated with liquid reservoirs and syringe pumps.
- Allows users to set up experiments quickly and easily, enabling them to focus more on the science
- Experiments can be turned around rapidly, reducing the time required to complete an experimental campaign
- Single-use, fully integrated vessel design eliminates the need for sterilization and reduces the risk of human error
ambr® 250 modular combines bioreactor stations, a control module and software to offer an innovative high performance bioreactor system.
- Control module manages individual vessel requirements including pH, temperature, DO and impeller speed for up to 8 bioreactors
- Each bioreactor has an option of a fully dedicated off-gas analyser measuring both CO2 and O2 and generating CER and OUR data points
- 3 step “easy connect” vessel installation for all gas, liquid and sensor connections
- Touch screen user interface enables easy control and supervision of multiple bioreactors
- Modular, expandable design offers parallel control of 2, 4, 6 or 8 bioreactor experiments to meet the growing needs of your lab
ambr® 250 modular vessel is a new concept in bioreactors. The vessel is fully integrated with liquid reservoirs and proprietary syringe pumps; and the unit is single use.
This innovative design simplifies experimental set-up, significantly reduces manual handling and eliminates the need for vessel sterilization.
- Fully disposable, single-use 100-250 mL bioreactors
- Choice of mammalian or microbial vessels with pitch blade or Rushton impeller
- 5 integrated liquid reservoirs (2 x 125 mL; 3 x 50 mL) with syringe pumps and liquid lines
- Spot based DO sensor and disposable pH electrode
- Integrated gas and liquid inlet filters
- Sparge or headspace gassing options
ambr® 250 modular is supplied with the same easy-to-use software as the established ambr® 250 high throughput system.
For ease of use and multi-tasking, the software has been designed as 4 separate applications:
- Process definition: Simple “drag and drop” process steps for quick and easy definition of experiments
- Runtime: Monitoring and adjustment of all process parameters in real time, for each individual bioreactor
- Results viewer: Comparison of plots from experiments run at different times - allows parameters from multiple experiments to be plotted together on the same graph
- Experiment viewer: Historical application enables users to fully analyse experiments looking at audit trails, all variables and completed recipes
All applications enable export and import of data to/from different sources.
ambr® 250 modular is configurable for both microbial fermentation and mammalian cell culture and can be used to model a wide range of processes in a variety of applications:
- Biopharma R&D and process development
- Industrial biotech R&D and process development
- Process robustness experimentation in support of QbD studies
- Vaccine process development