ambr® 250 high throughput is a fully automated bioreactor system for parallel fermentation or cell culture using 100-250mL single-use bioreactors controlled by an automated liquid handling platform. The system provides a rapid and reliable scale-down model to explore a wide range of conditions with excellent scalability to larger bioreactors.
Dramatically improves productivity and enables full DoE experiments to be performed at a fraction of the cost and with higher throughput than traditional bench top bioreactors
Rapidly develops processes for clones or strains in bioreactors with full individual control of culture conditions
Offers optimum scalability due to single-use vessels having the geometry and functionality of larger bioreactors.
Reduces time and cost by removing the need for extensive cleaning and sterilization facilities.
- Combines “easy-connect” single-use bioreactors, a full automated platform and flexible system control software.
- Fully automated system manages media fill, inoculation, sampling and feeding with minimal operator interaction during the day.
- Integrated control of multiple bioreactors (12 or 24) simplifies DoE experimental designs
- Integrated biological safety cabinet enclosure for contamination-free processing.
- Two versions available – offering parallel control of 12 or 24 bioreactor experiments.
- Fully disposable, single-use bioreactors remove the need for time-consuming cleaning regimes between runs
- Choice of mammalian or microbial vessels with pitch blade or Rushton impeller
- 100-250 mL working volume with baffles
- Spot based DO sensor and disposable pH electrode
- Integrated gas and liquid inlet filters
- Sparge or headspace gassing options
- Integrated condenser for output to exhaust gas analysis (OUR/CER)
- Multi-reactor control system with integrated operator calendar and set-up dialogue to easily prepare for each run
- Fully flexible set up and control interface for quick process creation
- Fine tuning options including programmable PID control loops and other advanced features
- DoE tags to support interface with DoE software packages
ambr® 250 is configurable for microbial fermentation or mammalian cell culture in a variety of development applications such as:
- Research and process development - BioPharma
- Research and process development – Industrial Biotech
- Research and feedstock preparation - Biofuels
- Process robustness experimentation in support of QbD studies
- Automation of DoE approaches to process automation